Welcome to 2323 Winding View San Antonio, TX 78260If you have thoughts of entertaining a large group or holding a large family gathering and can imagine you and your loved ones
5 Homebuilding Secrets You Should Know About The New Construction
Thousands of Americans who are in the process of building their own home, or simply looking into it, are faced with hundreds of different questions. Granite or quartz countertops? Neutral or bold colors? Tile or hardwood flooring? And those questions are just the tip of the iceberg.
Being able to make these detailed choices is a big part of why you decided to build and design a custom home that will show off your unique style.
But as any professional builder will tell you, the secret to building a truly great house isn't what fixtures you choose or the type of crown molding you install. Rather, the most important components of a house are hidden behind the build.
The following five points represent some of the most important hidden aspects of any new home construction that will ensure your house retains its beauty for decades.
1. Proper insulation. No matter where you are in the country, it’s likely that the temperature outside will get too hot or too cold. In such situations you’ll rely on heating or air conditioning. Good insulation not only saves money, but keeps your furnace and AC units working longer and more effectively. In cold areas, proper insulation is key to preventing destructive ice dams from forming.
2. Subflooring. Whether you use hickory, maple or bamboo, everyone has their preference when it comes to flooring, but something that all flooring materials need is a solid subfloor. Like a box-spring for your mattress, AdvanTech(R) subflooring from Huber Engineered Woods provides a solid foundation that prevents sagging and squeaking, keeping your finished floor looking better, for longer.
3. A smart house. Just like our phones, cars and televisions have been radically changed by the digital revolution, so have our homes. Today's modern smart homes are designed to fit our digital lives. Some features to consider are a consul to place your WiFi router so you can set up the appliances and thermostat for wireless. That way you'll be able to access them from a tablet or phone. You might even want to install some USB outlets.
4. Modern kitchen solutions. Today it’s all about expansive, open-concept kitchens. With stone countertops and larger refrigerators, engineers have noticed the combination of heavy appliances and a larger floor surface area puts more stress on the finished floors. Installing AdvanTech subflooring creates a solid base for floorboards and heavy modern appliances to rest on, thus helping to prevent squeaky or uneven floors in your kitchen.
5. Choose the right exterior walls. The exterior “shells” of homes are being built tighter. In other words, new products and practices are being used to help reduce air leakage as part of the overall energy efficiency design. Next-generation exterior sheathing systems like ZIP System(R) sheathing and ZIP System(TM) tape have built-in water barriers and taped panel seams to create one continuous protective barrier underneath your finished exterior to help lock-out water and air.
by san antonio news .
Latest Blog Posts
So you’re ready to sell your home? Staging can give you the upper-hand in a competitive housing market. This article “Sell Your Home Fast: 21 Staging Tips” by Laura Gaskill, published