The market hasn’t been overly friendly towards buyers in recent months; low inventory and high competition has been driving up prices making it challenging to find and purchase property.But it
11 Good Reasons Sellers Should Use A REALTOR ®
Some homeowners decide to sell their homes without a Realtor. Other owners would never consider marketing and selling their home without one. I have a couple of clients who have run into delays in closing and they think having a Realtor is “worth it”. This is a short list of how a real estate agent or Realtor can work for you:
1) Provides expertise and experience in marketing and selling the home
2) Advises and guides sellers through the contract negotiation process
3) Understands and advises sellers on contingencies
4) Maintains calendar of due dates prescribed in contract, i.e., Option Period, Timeline for Survey, affidavit, home owner’s association documents
5) Advises seller on repair requests and negotiates the repair amendment
6) Advises sellers on Title Commitment issues
7) Explains the rough patches in the process and provides guidance to sellers
8) Maintains contact with escrow officer, providing documentation, explaining issues to sellers provides assurance throughout the closing process
9) Maintains day-to-day contact with sellers when delays arise (stress relief where possible)
10) In continual contact with buyer’s agent to stay informed on issues
11) Interpret and explain in plain terms whatever issues develop
It may or may not be the seller’s first time selling a home but it certainly isn’t the Realtor’s first time in this process. Put that experience to work for you. If you are interested in buying or selling real estate in the San Antonio area and not currently working with a Realtor, let’s talk.
Sharon is a military wife who moved at the direction of the U.S. Army for nearly 30 years, a Federal employee who retired after 30 years of service, an active Broker Associate/REALTOR in San Antonio w....