5 Tips For Establishing CreditOpen A Bank AccountOpen a bank account and use it responsibly. This is a good first step tp establish a financial history.Secured Credit CardApply for a credit card.
5 Ideas To Help Sell A Vacant Home
1) Staging. If the budget allows, the home will almost certainly show better with furnishings. It’s hard to judge the space when it is empty, for example, whether a king bed fits in the master. If there is even a queen bed displayed there, it’s easier to decide whether your king might fit. If a breakfast table is used, it is easier to showcase that part of the home and so on.
2) Highlight the entry. This can be accomplished in a variety of ways from painting the door to adding new lighting or a welcome mat. Although the ideas here require a budget and a little work, it should pay off by inviting the prospective buyers inside.
3) Contract for yard work. There are lots of reputable companies who contract for lawn maintenance, but you may be able to find a reliable neighbor, teen or even a relative who will keep the yard cleaned up. Remember, the idea is to make the home inviting enough to get the buyers inside. What’s the old saying—“anything worth doing is …”!
4) Leave the home well maintained. Before the home goes on the market, make sure that everything is in good working condition—from the back fence to the garage door. Imagine yourself as a buyer seeing the home for the first time. Is it obvious that the owners have taken care of the home?
5) Air fresheners, candles, potpourri work well, especially when air fresheners are placed in not-so-obvious places like the top of the closets, top of the cabinets, etc. Scented candles and potpourri can sit on the mantel or a shelf to add a bit of décor and to freshen up the space. The smell should not be overwhelming in the home, a light, fresh scent works best.
I hope you’re able to use one of two of these ideas and it helps get your home sold quickly.
Sharon is a military wife who moved at the direction of the U.S. Army for nearly 30 years, a Federal employee who retired after 30 years of service, an active Broker Associate/REALTOR in San Antonio w....
Latest Blog Posts
4 Simple Reasons Why to STOP Renting and START BuyingWith people becoming homeowners every day, there isn’t a better time to buy than now. There are many programs available to buyers, such as
This article by Nicole Slaughter Graham gives great information for first-time homebuyers and anyone considering an FHA loan.“A few years back, my husband and I were growing out of our two,