The market hasn’t been overly friendly towards buyers in recent months; low inventory and high competition has been driving up prices making it challenging to find and purchase property.But it
5 Really Cheap Ways To Increase Your Homes Curb Appeal
It is a relatively easy fix, though. Using these tips may improve your chances of a sale and likely bring more potential buyers through your door:
1) Make sure the grass is cut and weeds are pulled. At the same time, think about edging the walkway to add just that extra touch.
2) Take a good look at your front door. Does it need to be repainted? Is the doorbell in working order? Is the light fixture in good condition (yes, is there a bulb in it)? These touches are not expensive but sure go a long way in welcoming visitors (think buyers).
3) Spring for a splash of color at the front door by replacing those dead plants with blooming plants. It will cost a few dollars but if it helps convince a buyer to enter your home, it's worth it.
4) Make sure the walls and/or windows surrounding your front door are clean. If needed, apply a fresh coat of paint. Would you want to purchase a home with grimy windows or hand-prints on the trim around the door? Not me.
5) Lastly, before every showing, a quick once-over on the yard will allow you to check for toys (or preferably the absence of toys).
If you are in the San Antonio area looking to buy or sell a home, I'm available to serve you. Give me a call at the number below.
Sharon is a military wife who moved at the direction of the U.S. Army for nearly 30 years, a Federal employee who retired after 30 years of service, an active Broker Associate/REALTOR in San Antonio w....